We are looking to fill the following open positions:
We are currently looking to add an IT Manager / Senior Systems Engineer to our team! If your skills and qualifications meet our needs, listed below, then send your resume or CV to ITposition@odysseymarine.com
Responsibilities / Success Factors:
The IT Manager / Systems Engineer is responsible for directing the company’s overall IT functions to include managing staff, resources and vendors that support the company's business and individual departments. This position will also maintain information technology strategies by researching and implementing technological strategic solutions that support the company and its goals.
The ideal IT Manager / Systems Engineer will act as a team leader, and enrich our existing professional and motivated IT team with their ability to align technology resources and strategy with initiatives that are in sync with company needs and objectives in a productive and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate will have a comfort level working within an entrepreneurial culture in a fast-paced environment.
Specifically the IT Manager / Systems Engineer will be expected to:
- Manage the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Assist project teams with technical issues to include: technical strategy, research & development, technical analysis and design and support of staff.
- Ensure that IT related problems and issues are resolved in a timely manner and that appropriate technical guidance is provided to employees, consultants and executive staff.
- Manage, coach and motivate direct reporting staff according to company procedures and policy to help them develop professionally and to achieve department goals.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Ensure the installation of new and/or the rebuild of existing servers and the configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Understand system configurations as it supports Asset Management and infrastructure applications.
- Contribute to, enhance and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated processes for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Ensure daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Manage IT security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Provide repair and recovery support for hardware or software failures, with strong emphasis on coordinating and communicating with impacted parties.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure MS SQL-based Asset Management applications.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (MIS preferred) or minimum of 8 years relevant direct work experience
- Current MCSE certification Microsoft preferred
- Comfortable with MS SQL scripting
- Virtualization experience with VMware / Microsoft / Citrix required
- Four to six years system administration experience required
- Project management experience in formal project methodologies is required
- Demonstrated leadership and motivation skills, ability to multi task, prioritize and delegate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of commitment and professional dedication.
- Experience in software evaluation, acquisition, installation and user training.
- Strong communicator with the ability to effectively manage and implement change
- Ability to assess the needs of the company as it relates to their technology responsibilities. Discover the objectives and tangible issues of the company and manage a plan to support it.
Ideal Personal Attributes:
In addition to having appropriate work history and qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate that they are:
A Strong Communicator
Ability to communicate and present complex information in a way that can be easily understood. The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences from all over the world including employees, peers, internal and external clients, vendors, and senior management.
A True Service-Oriented Team Leader
Successful Manager who exhibits strong commitment to a team environment with the ability to embrace and enhance a culture that places customer issues first—whether the customers are internal users or external clients.
Ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures
- Both domestic and international travel may be required with the potential to work offshore (less than 10% of the time)
- Possession of a current passport or ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire
- Ability to work non-standard business hours when situations dictate
Vision: Clarity of vision, with or without correction, to see and decipher printed materials, computer and computer related equipment and parts as well as data on a computer monitor
- Sitting: Remaining in the seated position for long hours in front of a computer
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients, vendors, contractors or other employees in person or on the phone
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Lifting: lifting of computers, computer equipment and other related materials up to 75lbs from time to time
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers: Consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, computer printer)
Questions or comments. (Please do not submit your resume via
this contact form.)